Monday, January 18, 2016

A late, but hopefully not too late thank you to all that helped me out in 2015

As I've mentioned before, getting interweb access for me to make blorg posts is difficult. So that being said this thank you post was meant for the end of the year, but since buiz is slow(or non existent) at the bike shop I haven't been there to use the computer and keep my bloggitty blog updated. Excuses excuses. Better late than never, I do want to thank a handful of peeps that helped me out either big time this year or just a little itty bitty bit by being tots stoked on me doing the stuff that I do.

Here we go in no particular order

*Dwayne Goscinski- Dude thanks for everything. Too much to list, but if anything the confidence and inspiration you give.

*Sue Welde- Hey sis, for all the snacks and food and tips for working on your bike so conveniently given before leaving to go outta town to big races. And all the love and support and being a superfan.

*Rich and Sue Pierce- Just for being awesome and the love and support.

*Kate Wilson- For being super rad and putting up with my shit. You know what I'm talking 'bout. Also for being a monumental part of my life. I learned a lot from you lady, and you help keep me motivated.

*Mark Stika- Well, you know man. The confidence and support you have in me weighs more than the concrete you pour. That means a lot!

*Christine Edwards- For "Getting it" , along with the support and understanding how its dumb not to do things that you love.

*Struckmans- For spotting me, even though I earned that shit :)

*Super Kate- The luck you have wished me is now stockpiled in my basement. I couldn't use all of it last year.

*Melisa "Mellie" Lemus- Your always psyched for me and thinking I'm the beezkneez. It warms my lil' heart.

*Mike Best- Next to Dwayne you were one of the first to want to help me out, and saw something rad in me. Thanks so much for the BOCOMO that has kept me racing! BIG TIME THANKS!

*Gary Beasely- Yer a super fan and always have my back at work. Along with being crazy stoked when you find out I smash a race up, but think I deserve moar than a pair of socks. Oh, and all the 2 for 1 donuts from the gas station.

*John Merli- Dude, for all the support/kits/beer and food, and great hang out seshes. Big thanks man.

*George West- Thanks for being patient with me at work during all my ups and downs and absences from wark to go racin'.

*Rafal Doloto- Dude, Brahhhhg! All I'm sayin' :)

*Bob Jenkins- For having those eyes you can trust, and putting on one hell of a great race known as Cedarcross

*Nick, Jess, and Wyatt Smith- For always opening your house to me to crash at and being so generous, rad and kind hearted.

*John Lofton- Dude sorry if I give you a hard time at wark sometimes. I think your a hella rad dude and you keep me fed when I'm always broke from racing my bike with your families leftovers. Big thanks man!

*Cassie Jones- For stumbling into my life and always cracking my shit up. Being there to talk me down off the ledge(figuratively speaking) when I was crazy down. Along with being crazy stoked on me!

*Steph Seligman- For being stoked for me when you find out I won a big race, and for giving me a cheap place to live while I see what potential doors racing my bike will open. And for putting up with my shit.

*Rob Bell- Dude, your such a great friend, and you crack my shit up :).

*Ryan Odell- I'll be honest with you Ryan, I kinda have mixed feelings on you sometimes. So I certainly don't want to stroke your ego, but I have to remind myself though that you do put on a killer 100 mile race series that I know takes a lot of work and is unsanctioned by usac. Which is pretty rad and has given me the opportunity to go bigger than I ever imagined.

*Jason Zoll- Being a great friend and helping me out when I need a travel buddy to a race.

*Jenn Derose- For being prolly one of my best friends eva and thinking I'm a superhero all the time. You be silly.

*Mike Bobelak- For just being around and helping me with some of the little shit, and for having some really kindhearted kids Rose, Mikey, and Dee.

*Matt "Coach" Grothoff- Man, I always feel like your one of the few that get it, and help set me straight when I need it. Your sense of humor and insight also helps gets me through!

*Mike Weiss of Big Shark- To a man who I presume doesn't sleep. Thanks for putting on the races year after year and supporting everything bike, and always giving me the opportunity to work some of the races to make some extra cashola.

*Brian and White Mike of SSKC- Dudes, SSKC was one of the best days of my life and you guys put the race on. Super rad!

*Jake n' Scott of BT Epic- Another great day of my life, and a killer race to boot! Thanks for letting me in so close to the race.

*Kuddle Krew- You know your roll and you know why :).

*AJ Linnell- For climbing mountains and doing big shit both in your life and for the community. Your a inspiration, RIP man.

*To everybody else whether you be a race promoter of any of the 30 something races I did this year, or my competition pushing me past my threshold, or super fans that I either do or don't know about that wish me luck,or just plain anybody that I missed that deserves it. 2015 was a crazy big year for me, and a lot happened. The ol' memory box just ain't what it used to be.

Peace out and have a smashingly great 2016 peeps. Much love to ya all, xoxo.



-peat

3 comments:

  1. Aw, love you too!!! Wish I could do more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're one of a kind, cuz. I think you're the rarest of the rare - someone universally liked by just about everyone. At least, everyone I've ever spoken with or met. Most people that try too goddamn hard to make it happen - with you it just happens. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be all smoke n' mirrors, cuz life feels hella hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete