Monday, June 1, 2015

Memorial Day Sunday Funday

Sunday Sunday Sunday!  I wake up and get my butt moving. Wait! Hold on a second. Now that I'm writing up this post it becoming clear to me the two sides of the spectrum I hit. Going from innocent and fun loving to Mad Max Fury Road. I hope I don't get too judged for this one, haha. It should all make sense in a minute.

 You see a couple days prior my friend Ashley tells me that Celia from the St Louis local band Firedog is shooting a music video. Woohoo, so hustle over to Rainbow Park at 9am for the shoot. There is playground equipment to hang on, hooooola hoooops, donuts, Firedog, kids running around being wild, acroyoga people balancing on each other, dancing, jumping, standing upside down, and music video shooting. My friend Anna is wearing a weird green nylon stretchy thing over her whole body. The whole thing was all pretty funny.

I then hustle over to Rose and Francis' Backyard Breakfast BBQ. Yep it was just that. Anything breakfast related was put on the grill. Hashbrown patties, breakfast sausage, waffles, breakfast 'za, donuts and cinnamon rolls, bacon, quiche, pigs feet, bacon wrapped peaches, breakfast corndogs, etc etc.

Christine brought a bottle of glazed donut flavored vodka over that she got for $9 off the retail price of 20 something dollars! We then did shots of that with little donette chasers.
Moar eating was then done.

I then played tug of war teeth to teeth with a pigs ear with this little guy.
Seriously, then when I went to do it again for a photo op, he totally attacked on me and bit both my hands. He or I didn't hold a grudge tho. We were both best friends again later on in the day. He was so cute!

We then shot gunned Stag beer.

Then the Nintendo Power Pad came outside, and then dual track races ensued. Taken out of context, the video could seem really weird.

I then attempted to eat a pigs foot that I put on the grill.





 The pictures don't do justice, but I really did try to eat that thing. Little do I know, that pigs feet have NO meat on them at all, and am still not sure how they are to be eaten.  Whomp whomp.

Moving on, Jenn then tells me her and her dude and his brother are all going to go see Mad Max later that night. Awe dang! I loved the old Mad Max movies and was super stoked for the new one. Lets Do It!


By this point its dark and beginning to rain. I pedal home and get totally drenched. Clean up and get picked up by Eli, Jenn, and Elliot.

On the way in to the new downtown STL theatre, Jenn finds a cool and legit leather 2 row studded punk belt. I'm the only one it fits. SCORE!

The movie ends up being so crazy sick! None of us can stop talking about it and how our minds were blown. My quick movie review. Mad Max Fury Road is the perfect extension of the series being made in a time that big budget action movies are BIG.

I then go home and have pleasant Mad Max style dreams.

 
-peat 







2 comments:

  1. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    2015 memorial day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I found your site by mistake when i was searching yahoo for this acne issue, I must say your site is really helpful I also love the design, its amazing!. I don’t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site.
    tempurpedic mattress

    ReplyDelete